Is February 25 People Power EDSA Day a Holiday?

This is the same question that I have been asking myself since January. The very same question my friedNs ask me in preparation for the so-called long weekend. So yesterday, I took it upon myself to write the Office of the Press Secretary in Malacañang Manila Philippines and ask that multi-million dollar question. And finally, I got an answer. The words right from the horse’s mouth:

Sir:

According to Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita, February 25 is a working holiday. This was told during his weekly news conference at the Palace awhile ago. (Wednesday, February 13, 2008)

OPS-EDP

Yup folks, Feb 25 is a WORKING DAY. That means you have to return to your office desk before the bell rings. And never ever say to your boss that it’s People Power Day, or EDSA Day. Because this year our country will not be remembering that very historic event in our recent history.

Just scrap the plan of basking in the pristing beaches of Boracay or Puerto Galera from February 23-25. And for those who will be enjoying the cool climate of Baguio during the Panagbenga Festival, go back to Manila right after the parade has ended! Hahaha

February 25, has already been declared as a special non-wlorking holiday! So go, plan your long weekend now. Reserve an accomodation in Puerto Galera or in Boracay. Enjoy the cool breeze of February morning in Baguio during the Panagbenga Festival!

Comments

1. nina says:

Well, di naman siya talaga holiday for me, but I’m still going away for the weekend. Donsol here I come!

2. I wish! sana holiday nga!

3. cargog says:

takot lang yan baka mag-edsa 4 laban sa kanila. linti nila! :-) (sorry for the ilonggo cursing)

4. jeds says:

So sad its not holiday, bye bye long weekend
    Change of plan, beach no more!

5. dyanie says:

whether its a holiday or not, i still have to go to work. grrrr!

6. owen says:

is there such a thing as working holiday? you work during holidays?… like valentines day? a working “holiday”?… what the heck! gotta file my VL…

7. JB says:

Sorry for interruption. I am looking for a Philippine Political Science professor. Have you ever seen this Philippine Poli-Sci professor in any university?? I would like to know since he might be using fake-identity and possibly involved with the global level pedophilie-ring.

This is the Philippine man who taught Political Science in Philippines after he received degree at University of Zuerich in Switzerland. If you know his identity, please reply me for the information. This man might be related in in global level Pedophilie Ring. I would like to make sure his identity so I am not misunderstanding a wrong person for the gang member.

The below is the film of him and his friend who came from London.

By the way, I am a member of Academy of Political Science, one of the oldest Political Science organizations.

8. jobo says:

we have planned a Cebu-Bohol respite for that long weekend…Feb 25 has been observed as non-working for years…why the change…this may irk people all the more…

9. Al says:

This is what the present administration do best….manipulate the holidays.

10. jamezu says:

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wonder why?

11. Nins says:

Bakit nga ngayon lang may Working Holiday? kaya nga holiday, para i-gunita or i celebrate yung okasyun na yun noh.. hmp! hay.. naku….

12. koolitz says:

YESSS!!! NON WORKING daw! kakasabi lang sa TV ngayon

13. kukung says:

Feb. 25 a special non-working holiday–Palace

INQUIRER.net
    First Posted 15:45:00 02/18/2008

MANILA, Philippines — (UPDATE) Malacañang has declared February 25, the 22nd anniversary of the first People Power uprising, a non-working holiday, recalling its earlier announcement that it was a working holiday.

Executive Secretary Eduardo Ermita told reporters on Monday that President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo has signed Proclamation 1462 declaring February 25 a “special non-working holiday.”

At a news conference last February 13, Ermita said: “February 25 is a working holiday.”

The Palace did not immediately explain the reason for the flip-flop.

The 1986 uprising, which was backed by military rebels, led to the downfall of 20-year rule of Ferdinand Marcos and the restoration of democracy in the country.

14. jo says:

bakit di nalang i.move sa nearest monday. diba that was PGMA usaually do! hay nako!!!! pwede i.move nalng!!!!!!

15. chelli says:

korek korek..sana i move na lang..gma..please move mo na kasi..geh na para bait..!!!!!!!!!!
    YAHOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! siesta ever….